Sunday, August 05, 2007

NPE Adidas King of the Road Run


NPE Adidas King of the Road run was held in front of Sunway Pyramid. I bought over somebody’s 10km Men Open bib and later exchanged it with my cousin Jo Ee who was wrongly registered in the Veteran category by his friend.

It was good to race 10k again. There is less risk of aggravating my injury sustained in the Seremban Half. Jo Ee and his group of friends helped to swap and pin our bibs just mins from the start.

YB Datuk Samy Vellu flag off the start. Boy, his belly must be at least 40”. I can’t help but wondered whether YB will charge the runners toll at the plaza.


























After making the 5km U-turn, I gave Jo Ee a yell from the opposite direction. Exiting the tunnel, I pushed the last 100 meters to the finish with a time of 1:01:50.
Position: 120th + medal.














My 2 nieces age 11 and 7 came to watch his Po-Dei (Uncle in Hainanese) in action and were getting really bored until Spiderman appeared.








































The younger one complained it was “raining”; actually it was the trickling sweat from runners that was splashing on her! Surprisingly, they said they wouldn’t mind waking up early again to witness the race event.












No comments: