Sunday, August 26, 2007

Subang Jaya Run

This is another race where I bought over the bib from another runner.
Collected the bib from Ronnie’s wife, Rachel at the MPSJ stadium.

I have heard the SJ route is rather flat and many runners have posted PRs in the past. True enough there weren’t many steep inclines and I was generally able to maintain pace.

Towards the last 1-2 km, I stretched my head to look for the stadium “floodlights” landmark. When I finally saw it, I was excited because I had a good chance of finishing a historic sub-60 mins. But alas, the road does not cut into the stadium entrance, instead we had to run past the stadium to make a U-turn at the traffic junction and finally back to the stadium.

Running on the stadium track, about 200 meters from the finishing line, I heard a familiar gun shot, reminiscence of the PJ Half 2004 (I suspect it is the same group of officials!) The 60-minute qualifying time was over.

I finished in 1:00:26. Missing the qualifying time by seconds. This would be my fastest 10 km race. However, a runner GPS recorded the distance to be approximately 9.8 kms which explains the timing. So close yet so far.




Lai and Adam

No comments: